View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2009, 23:44   #26
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: Country vs. country

I can remember the weekend of the final vividly! Was a few days before i set off to germany for the summer, and the weather was awesome cos 15mins before tickstart I ran to my local off license to stock up on guinness (I have a photographic memory for anything I've done asc-related in my life).

One of the main things that ruined that final (I recall ranting about it a lot pre-tickstart, much to ppls' annoyance) was that jer overdid the politics, vastly. The tournament was over in 60minutes or so. But then I don't get why people, who are already favourites, go out of their way to guarantee an easy win (so yes, r23 exilition I had a few rants there too). Don't understand the mentality behind it, in a game like this [= main reason i totally suck at pa probably].

Sadly, I can imagine any world cup would feature similar politics going on - though could of course backfire during the game.

Oh, also, if it was in the winter + how you described, I wouldn't mind betting that there'd be a lot more galaxies than that. eg, I'd probably make a "noob" one - no hope of winning, but maybe qualifying for bronze finals and such.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote