View Single Post
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 01:19   #76
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: how many people....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
So you are saying that there is sufficient evidence to support your theory that there are not monsters behind that everyone can see except you, and on those grounds you dismiss it?
Woah, we are having this conversation.

You don't need evidence to prove negatives. I see no reason to believe in monsters behind me, it fulfills no purpose and doesn't fit in with anything else I appear to "know" and so my answer will be negative. To sustain real sentences and not fall into mindless skepticism we generally have to be able to give generally clear answers to questions.

"Hey Jennifer, did you go to the bank today?"
"Well, I have no evidence that the memory of going to the bank weren't planted by the CIA using high-tech super surgery that we have no knowledge of. Since the effect in either case would be the same, I can't answer your question."

Quote:
Do you have any evidence that God does not exist? Is it sufficient evidence on which to base the conclusion that my statement that began 'If [God] exists' is pointless?
See above. The question you asked (about whether it would be ironic whether a mythical being revealed itself to your profession and whether such a revelation would be ironic) certainly seems to be pointless in practical thread about marriage. If we all want to go to Role Play and play make believe games then that's cool. I'll be the Vorlons.

Please don't think I'm condemning pointlessness - it's not necessarily bad of course, this post reeks of it, but let's all be aware of what we are doing. If we want to discuss nonsense like religion then that's cool, but we may as well seriously discuss my Venus base proposition in the same breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Like the other day we had a two hour conversation in the pub over who would win a fight between a lion and a killer whale.
Jonny, I said sensible conversations.

I mean, they're totally different weight divisions. Any promoter setting up that kind of fight is going to lose his licence, you know, like that.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote