Thread: US elections
View Single Post
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 23:23   #31
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: US elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
[url]
Liberals, conservatives, both camps are twats who can't take a stand for themself, and you're all responsible for the moster you've created. Anyone who calls themself or someone else a "liberal" or a "conservative" needs to die.
If you are saying that 'conservative' and 'liberal' are horrible and utterly useless terms that obnoxious and clueless individuals use to band together under, I completely agree (there is no intellectually honest way to reconcile half the beliefs on either side together).

If you are saying that anyone who isn't moderate on all 'issues' deserves to die, then I completely disagree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Frankly, I think that says more about the Democrats than about race relations in the US. :/
I don't think it says anything about either. To be a black candidate running for president as a Democrat, you need the support of the NAACP etc, which only support black people if they are gung ho about reparations etc. To get on the democratic ticket, you can't support things like that. It's just a Catch-22.

Whereas if they ran as a Republican, an NAACP endorsement might hurt them in the primaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I don't see it. I think Powell would be a strong candidate in '08--if he wants the job.
Don't see what? If Powell ran (or Rice) he would run as a Republican. Right?

Imagine the reaction from the major black groups if a black man was the republican candidate. 'Traitor' 'Uncle Tom' 'House slave' etc. would be every other word you would hear in the media (the rest of the words being off limits to type here by forum rules).

I'm not saying it would be Powell's fault, but it would be some seriously ugly shit.

(i can hear the joke now: what do you call a black man who is running for president as a republican?)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote