View Single Post
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 15:48   #33
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Long]On dedication, honour and teamplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
Hearty that was ahmmm 8 rounds ago or so
my point was
alliances becoming worse and worse
members becoming much more selfish
making less and less members aka less and less fun

was an idea to change it so people have to commit themself more
no AD discussion
Yeah, and my points were that...
a) you cannot blame the game for alliance behaviour. You can blame the members / officers though.
b) the changes you suggested won't fix the initial problem but rather lead to it.

So I see that we both agree that something has to be done in order to increase the memberbase again (something that PA team claims to aim for since ages...).

Leaves us with the question why do people leave or become more selfish? Probably because everyone is tired. Most of us experienced how much effort the old game was, and how much effort is still required by the game nowadays. It's just too damn much activity required for people with a job or other commitments in "real life". Add the point that game does not create the slightest kind of atmosphere for a player.

All of this will not be magically solved by a return of private galaxies. In fact, I am tempted to say that allowing farming again, scrapping the oogooa rule (replacing it with either something hard-coded or removing it completely), and a bunch of other things that widen up the choices a player can make while playing the game might help a lot more than anything else.