View Single Post
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 15:36   #11
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Re: [Long]On dedication, honour and teamplay.

I think it has been said before but the importance of XP has caused the move away from dedication and loyalty, and consequently the "alliance mentality". From my expierience this round, there is no longer a need to protect your roids unless you are a value player.

And with the amount of XP players in an alliance, def is harder to come by making being a value player frustrating. Between ziks trying to fleet catch me on my attacks and a large amout of inc seeking to gain some of my value based 200 roids alliance def for me is ridiculous. My point being is that def is becoming more and more obsolete. Hence less of a need for alliances.

I was asked at the beginning of the round by my HC whether i was going to play "traditionally" or "3 Fleeting XP", The question confused me, as what is the need for an alliance if I was going to 3 fleet? Another question I asked myself, is, "Why would an alliance let 3 fleeters inside in the first place".

I promised to stick the round out and have turned my fleet into a anti frig defence machine. But can see where, smaller and newer alliance players could get frustrated and start player for only themselves.

PA has changed. The great feelings of being totally saved by your alliance or saving an alliance mate are fewer and farther between. Although a bit dramatic, I can see a progression toward removing alliance eta altogether and creating more alliances who are a bunch of buddys that attack together.