Thread: Anarchy Online
View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 20:11   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Re: Anarchy Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
After a while the ultimate goal is to get to 200 or 220 if you have the Shadowlands expension and have the most effective weapons and armour. I am sure a lot of AO players will go into the defence when hearing something like this but like we all know, it all comes down to that in nowadays mmorpgs.

There is PvP, between clan and omni (and neutrals ofcourse) but not a lot of people care about that stuff as far I know. There are also towerwars, if you got the notum wars expension you and your guild as well can have it's own towers which can give several extra buffs. I have to say I am not a lot into PvP because there is nothing really to win. Not a lot of people care about towers or the entire Notum Wars expension pack, but again I have to say I am not really into PvP.

As far I have seen it, the PvP system of Dark Ages of Camelot is fun. You attack other realms at a special battleground made for that and you conquer their castles which gives the winning realm some advances.

Still I might not be the right person to inform you about these things as I never joined an organisation (guild) but as far I can judge based on the little aspects of pvp'ing I've seen and a lot of what I heard from other players, PvP is dull.
DAOC is rife with botters though and it will burn hard when you realise no matter how much hard work and effort you use, the script kiddies win the perks.

RO fortunately has a moderate level of in game support to weed out script kiddies (botters, macro users, skill abusers, ill-mannered) and hence the pvp and WoE is a lot more fun and of course in War of Emperium there's perks of castle only accessible dungeons with really good experience monsters amongst other things.

I'll post some screenies if anyone wants of my endeavours.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote