View Single Post
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 12:31   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 60 and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wades209 View Post
Population (I would get rid of the current system and make this into a new system which players develop. So...

I would have Resources, Construction, Production time, Security and Mining as the same but instead of adjusting you work on a certain branch... For Example
Just like the research tech tree you chose one of the 5 categories set above and after 20 ticks you gain a bonus related to that branch. The 20 ticks would go every 20 ticks until 100 and then change to every 100 ticks. The bonus' I suggest are all a 10% increase in the chosen area maybe capped at 50%. This would hopefully add another dimension to the early strategies and another to compliment governments.
I don't understand what you're proposing here, please explain. And while you're at it, what kind of strategies are you trying to enable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wades209 View Post
I think the overall point of these changes is to give the game a new approach and get players thinking of new strats and keep them not getting bored at week 4-5.

I would like to point out that these aren't all my ideas... I have seen some good plans for others in the forum such as Caj and I think there is definite room for changes (more the new ships stats and tweeks of govs)...

Please give me your thoughts.. let me know what wouldn't work and if there is anything that would be a good addition...
If you actually want to add strategic depth, then what you want is people choosing between different ways of playing the game. In such a game you could focus on value (building FCs and refs and trying to avoid getting roided), XP (roiding every night, building MCs and avoiding SKs), disting (losing a chunk of your income making sure people can't even attack you), scanning (making amps and being the alliance bitch), cov ops (feeding your galaxy while staying out of danger yourself), you could do any of these things... but not all of them.

In my opinion your suggestions do not add strategic variety. They're all things that either everyone will do, or no one. The new governments, ship upgrades, construction upgrades and research tree will all be figured out after 1 round and then it's same old again. It's like the ship stats all over again. Changing these numbers around does not solve the problem of the lack of strategic variety in this game. This is the main problem I have with your suggestions: they just change the thing everyone is doing now, to something else that everyone will be doing.

In short, I want to achieve the same thing you do, but I feel the mechanisms you've chosen do not work.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote