View Single Post
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 18:33   #5
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I still don't think your suggestion improves the system that much, mostly because of the heavy interlinking you have between branches.
I think it offers more choice and direction. It forces players to go into branches they might otherwise of ignored which means players will want to go into every branch and be forced into choosing which branches they want to prioritise. (Sorry i know we talked about it before but got to post my side)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
A lot of good ideas there. I like the added micromanagement bit, I think this is the kind of a direction the game really needs, a step more into managing your planet. The briefly mentioned "alliance research" for scan trees and such could be a good idea too.
I was thinking about alliance research and couldnt figure out a way to implement it which would be fair.

If we just did an alliance tax, then wouldnt it give the alliances with more players a much bigger advantage (especially if the researches were actually decent)? Forcing alliances to play at full tag even when they dont want to isnt really a good thing.

It could be done through the alliance points system but i think it'd be better to see how that turns out before we implement major gameplay mechanics to it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote