Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2015, 04:23   #49
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Seriously though, your argument for why soloing isn't viable is stupid and would apply to every single good set of stats
I've explained in detail as to why team ups would be needed like frig to cover init weaknesses as a good dc will know how to best defuse attack / lower the defense tolerence.
and soloing with a kill/steal/non emp fleet without bottom feeding will likely mean an easily covered attack.

Quote:
Every attacking fleet should have a ship against it that stops it, otherwise you end up with a round like last round where everyone goes Xan Fi (or whichever fleet roids everyone) and just attacks with impunity. The way it's usually remedied is with EMP (think Ranger/Tzen vs Banshee) though cases like this round's Broadswords are also acceptable in my opinion (prelaunch def). Rogues stopping Bs without counter is not.
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=59

You have kind of made my point to what people look for when choosing a roiding fleet. fast init and get first cut in (emp defense excluded) Xan fi that round is only stopped via ingal pegs and emp ships like the beetle with other co ships flaked with it. Most players go for the best roiding option i would say its upto the statmaker to provide "options"

Quote:
If soloing is not viable simply because defense would stop it, then we end up in a round where EMP is required to land and cover anything and everything.
I seemed to gotten the impression due to people complaining that R60 have been defensive and folk are looking for a change ... is this wrong?