View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2008, 14:52   #15
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Redrawing the Planetarion Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm claiming alliances made up solely of new players can't teach new players. Also, galaxies generally do a better job than alliances, because the interesting stuff happens right in front of them, rather than in some obscure HC channel they don't even know about.

The hardcoded alliances would have new and old players.... they would be suffled there randomly, so no I cant see a case like that happening. Alliances are the factors that make the gal status apear green or red, so I assume they know enough battle wise. Besides we would still have the allied planet friends, as my scenario said.

Also I am looking for scenarios, which would make every new and old player have a meaning, purpouse, which would make them more involved to the community and having new friends they meet. They are more likely gona stick around if some big fellas dont come knock their door each night for easy roids.

Our xp system is best I seen to support leaving smallies untouced, but I am sure there are still the ones going for easy roids. Hence the funny balls statement.

Having everyone put in to alliances, would obviously get them more involved, also having someone to help them and guide them, since it helps to win, if they take and claim the other smaller targets from other alliance, its a help allready and for them aswell to grow.

The other scenario wouldn't support them as much, except they would have the peacefull enviroment to test the attacking and defending and game features, among other noobs and not be an easy target for others. As soon as they learn, they get transfered to new level, where someone can guide them more again. Learning step by step

Also the hardcoded alliance scenario would divide responsibilitys more and not be all relating to some alliance hc, who will burn him/her out.

Last edited by Ave; 1 Oct 2008 at 15:00.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote