View Single Post
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:57   #314
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: NewDawn's Official Proposal to Furious Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I don't think he's referring to wartime, he means that having a pnap with an alliance that you aren't at war with can help because you will have more free fleets to def with and to attack with.
And I think you ignored or failed to grasp what I said. Unless you planetnap your entire alliance (It was jokingly suggested in FO HC that we made all our members apply for a ND planetnap so we got our hands free to fight eXi), you will just shift the fire from one planet to another. You will get these incomings anyway, and don't give me tosh about it potentially saving roids somewhere because a bigger planet will not get incomings, because if he didn't have a planetnap, he might not be so big after all. Not to mention that it generally takes more fleets to get through on a huge planet than a small one, which again creates a wider gap between the lowest scoring members of your alliance and the highest scoring members.

If we treat so called random incomings like just that - random, it means that if one player is planetnapped to whatever alliance, you might decrease your amount of total incomings by 1/alliance_membercount*some_amount_of_ticks if you are lucky, but chances are you just shift fire away from the people who have planetnaps. And the guys who do not take planetnaps, generally do not deserve this extra incoming.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote