View Single Post
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 14:48   #91
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: well worth a read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Of course, but I'd argue petrol is more elastic than FA Cup tickets in most cases.

If nothing else I'm not a big fan of the petrol example because fuel (and energy) costs are always said to have some impact on the level of economic activity in general (which in turn is going to affect the demand...).
You wouldn't need to really care about the event per se, and it'd be fairly easy to explain to someone who had never even heard of football, or sport in general.
It isn't about being easy to explain - it's about them being able to remember the example. You're bombarding these pupils with facts and theories for 6 hours of every day in a variety of subjects. The easier it is for them to associate things then the easier it is for them to revise them and learn them.

A girl (sorry for being stereotypical) will disregard the FA Cup example. If you tell them that it's the "petrol thing" then usually they'll all go "ohhhhhh i remember now!".