View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2013, 11:01   #27
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R54 stats are up!

Kai, I invite you to design stats where I cannot pinpoint within 10 minutes which ships stop which fleets, without one race being overpowered.

It doesn't matter if a ship is 'vastly more powerful', like the Ghost vs Fi. The Brigand is a fair bit weaker than the Pegasus, yet it will stop any solo Ter De fleet dead in its tracks. It's the nature of the game, and while 0-loss defense is the worst offender, I don't think there is another way to create stats that will not have this problem.

As for your points, Mz, the issue these days is that people (myself included) want stats to be mostly Single Targeting, and that forces stats to be very simple and straightforward as there are few choices to be made. If you go Xan, then you'll be building xyz, and you may be able to choose between ship a and ship b, but more than likely not, depending on the Universe's race distribution.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote