View Single Post
Unread 9 Apr 2016, 06:23   #270
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R66 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
we have only had a friendly smaller tag with us for 2 rounds. People talk as if this is something ancient. It was Astatores last round and Mercenaries this round. Before that we didn't have a friendly tag playing with us.
Ppl have been complaining about Heroes and out of tag Ults for pretty much as long as I have been playing. Heroes seemed to have a bit more independence particularly in peacetime but the result was usually the same for allies who went to war with Ult.

Quote:
We responded to always being blocked.
As I did not play the first rounds Ult played I would not know which started first in round 45 or whenever. But that was not my point. In any individual current round it is a chicken and egg question. Having a supporting tag forces a teamup of alliances whether that is Mercs this round, Asta last round, or Heroes in rounds past. Alliances that have fought you have for ages found they are fighting more than 60 planets so responded by having more than 60 planets on their side. The result on either side is the same really. Essentially as numbers is the only sure way to win in pa it is not surprising it becomes an escalatory race.
Quote:
And no, I was refering to a HC claiming after the eorc that it was a victory since Ultores didn't win.
Fair enough, aims during the round in p3n vacillated rather depending on our position. There was certainly a point where it was boldly proclaimed we were going for the win - though it was brief. But there were also plenty of times where the stated aim was to stop Ult.
Quote:
(also, anyone who prefers p3nguin to pingu - clearly had a not insubstantially sadder childhood)
I was most dissapointed to return from my time in Rogues and Asc to find the replacement

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 9 Apr 2016 at 06:35.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote