Thread: Galaxy Disband
View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2009, 16:39   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Galaxy Disband

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I've been thinking lately that the game is too focussed on alliances. I think the focus should be on bigger galaxies and forcing people to work with each other and keep meeting new people. in turn bigger alliances force alliances to work together more (how would they attack successfully otherwise!) and more politics isn't too bad a thing in my view.
Galaxy support keeps people playing a round, but I think alliances keep people playing between rounds. It's a difficult balancing act. I was planning on a few simple things to make galaxies slightly more co-operative next round, but I think that alliances still need support.

Quote:
This may of course be something contingent on the number of people playing but I don't see anything wrong with galaxies of 18-20.
Obviously alliances need to be quite big, and apparently having a few larger alliances isn't popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
In my opinion - lower ranking galaxies need help - not a button to allow them to disappear.
Surely there must be some decent ways of helping poorly performing galaxies?
We certainly do the same for smaller planets (xp, salvage). It's something that's definitely worth considering as part of a solution.