Thread: Being Clever
View Single Post
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 22:59   #24
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold
Re: Being Clever

WARNING, WAFFLE AHEAD....

I would readily differentiate between an intellectual and an intelligent being.

I would suspect that the average person would consider somebody to be intelligent if they displayed a degree of ability [with regard to one's thought processes]* that can be taken to be superior to the standard with which it is being judged [ie. my builder thinks my lawyer is intelligent, MENSA think he doesn't make the grade, and MENSA adore René Descartes].

Essentially, intelligence is relative- do you wish it to be defined in relation to society? or amongst us? or those upon a higher intellectual plane [one does exsist,scary as the thought may seem... ]? It depends whom is judging said intelligence.

* this condition would encompass one's ability to reason, solve problems, his/her creativity etc.