View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 14:19   #33
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Forum Moderation - Are they joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
They do.
Yeah, I know, except I was outlining a policy for use of them, not what sort of bans are possible. When I was made mod there was no one to tell me what guidelines were in place. Not that there actually were any. Without consistency, regulation is just tyranny.

Quote:
People are supposed to get warnings via PM before they are banned, at least thats what i always did.
Yes, but they don't. Which is one of the reasons people dislike the moderation. It often seems arbitrary when the only real communication is through bans.

Quote:
Modding AD is by far the shittest job you can have as a mod. Its like trying to run a kindergarten.
Tell me about it.

Quote:
P.S. Making a thread to complain about another thread only creates more crap. Mods should either be PMed directly with a complain or use the report post button which will send them an email notifying them of your complaint.
Normally I'd agree, but there is some merit to having a discussion about moderation. However, it should not be the first step. What you said, contacting the moderators directly, should always be the first step in trying to help them moderate better.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote