Thread: Stealing XP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2014, 14:43   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stealing XP

Blue_Esper please explain a little more why it is a bad idea... same reason as Plaguuu?

Plaguuu I dont understand your objection to it (or rather I would from almost anyone else but you!) as having it possible to lose xp would solve the concerns about how Joshua won or HEROKICKER got 3rd because in each instance there would be a way to counter the tactic. I personally think that having xp so that it always remains helps make things stagnant; there should be the risk of losing something when attacked even for xp players.

So long as there is no way to reduce xp then there will always be a difficulty in balancing it because the options to stop it are limited to stopping people from getting it in the first place. Possible but requiring foresight about who is going to aim for xp and a lot of effort to destroy their efforts. Better to have a way for players to take things into their own hands and balance against xp by taking it from each other in the same way as alliances balance their value against each other.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote