View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 21:26   #20
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Christmas Awards of the RP Boards

The awards are, and always have been, just a load of fun and adds a bit of extra fun in creating original and good threads/characters. That was the initial intention when I first opened the awards as well as it being a out-of-the-ordinary awarding ceremony.

The 'Best New Thread' and 'Best New DM' Awards have, since then, been taken out due to there being a lot of arguments saying how old a thread has to be to be 'old' or 'new' and, therefore, decided to have a no-limitation on the ages of what is being awarded unless specified (ie, best newcomer).

Furthurmore, the rules that each awards and the awards being used for each awards stays like that until the awards has ended. There may be an addition to a vital rule, maybe, but none other than those will be added or taken away. So, with this bearing in mind, the 'no limitation' unwritten rule stays until next awards if I decided, that is, to place them in for the next one (most possibly Summer anyways).

So, for an outro to my little rant/statements, the Awards Ceremony may be pointless. Then again, so are a very large number of threads in this very forum. There does not need to BE a point, it is just something that was thought up a long time ago and carried on year after year, twice at least. All I can say is suffer, because it has become a small tradition of mine to do this every december and during the summer.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote