Thread: r66 Changes
View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2016, 07:42   #98
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: r66 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Seems like ND/P3nguins added another 2k defence fleets to this round.
BowS broke the record, correct me if im wrong, of total defence fleet sent in one round since the 60 man tag reduction.
BB you could at least take a cursory look at history before you launch into your 'facts'; Ultores last round sent 4025 ally def fleets so more than bows this round. Both p3n and ND added around 1k not 2k def fleets compared to last round! Not to take anything away from bows though, their def was great all round, unlike p3ns which took a long time to start and then collapsed in the last few days.

Edit: I see you mean total defence. This may be true. However it has much less to do with the ally def fleets option than ally def fleets - particularly as no one is totally sure what the total defence stat means I refer you to http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...0&postcount=18 for the discussion about it last round.

Perhaps more relevant would be to quote apocco on Top Defence Sharing alliances:
+------+--------------+-----------------+
| Rank | Name | Fleets Launched |
| 1 | RainbowS | 1420 |
| 2 | NewDawn | 1296 |
| 3 | Black Flag | 997 |
| 4 | p3nguins | 847 |
| 5 | Faceless | 378 |
| 6 | Howling Rain | 238 |
| 7 | Conspiracy | 146 |
| 8 | Norsemen | 95 |
| 9 | IRONFIST | 10 |

I guess that about a third of the ally def fleets p3n sent could have been used at the time by the usual methods. Moreover we quite often totally ran out of defence so without ally def some of the fleets would have simply been sent at a different time. As such I would guess that around half those ally def fleets would ultimately not been launched if not for the ally def option. It is a nice addition, and makes things easier, but it is difficult to say it has been decisive. As said earlier in the thread for us the big difference has been that it has made people willing to dc.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 7 May 2016 at 07:56.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote