Thread: R66 ship stats
View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 22:50   #100
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R66 ship stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Well actually 'new players' seems to be a favourite of yours when debating stuff.
I thought about denying this... But it is probably true enough, whether pa can gain more players is one of my recurring themes on the forums though I did not think it was really coming out over the last round or two!

Quote:
Your belief that that almost everyone will have a familiarity with stats to the point of being able to pick one set over another is ridiculous. There are ppl out there who play Xan cos they like the colour green for god's sake. Why don't we throw open every little decision to the moronic masses and end up with an entirely unplayable game.
Your dismissal of everyone's intelligence seems equally baffling to me. Almost all pa players I have played with have had some interest in the stats after their first couple of rounds. Some I agree have peculiar ideas about them but most have perfectly valid readings.

Quote:
If the majority are going to do what their alliance says then why bother having a player vote, have an alliance vote, or as most are in pre formed blocks have a block vote.
An alliance vote would be a fair enough option for getting general opinion. However I never actually agreed that players would vote with their hc, that was your idea. I am certain that within p3n there would be at least two factions on stats... There always are!

Quote:
How about this for a crazy idea, let the PA team pick as it has done for the last 65 rounds, the game hasn't imploded from them doing that yet. If Appoco had more free time we wouldn't even have this thread, as he would just make the stats and be done with it.
the pa team has in the past been known for making some very odd decisions regarding stats. I am not sure I would trust the pa crew more than players who have been involved in stats for a long time.

Quote:
There is a reason that only 5-10 ppl ever manage to get a stat set together, because it is a lot harder than it looks and THE MAJORITY don't even know what half the numbers actually mean. If you are the representative of the masses then please stick your set up here and we can all vote... for Patrikc's.
What is it about the pa forums that no matter the discussion someone has to launch a personal attack? I have been involved in dozens of these stats discussions, and have made a set myself - unfortunately they were not chosen. If I am representative then I am glad to say that the masses are quite qualified to have an opinion on stats!

However I don't actually have much of an opinion on consulting the players with an ingame poll; I am inclined to think that it would be cutting things too fine in terms of timing, though as you can tell unlike you and mz I think their opinion would be worth having. The problem is if we actaually got opinions there would then be no time to actually take them into account.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote