View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 14:07   #516
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Btw, is it me or does entire Holland still blame the referee?

I mean, I understand the initial reaction (of frustration and dissapointment over losing the final).

But 2 days later and they still believe Webb ruined the game for them because of:

- Goal was scored after a corner was not awarded to Holland --> Correct
- Iniesta scored while he should have received red for pushing Van Bommel --> Correct

Now, I don't know if they invented television in The Netherlands yet, but anyone with eyes and a television would have seen the karate kick from De Jong, the disgusting tackles and kicks from Van Bommel and the 2nd yellow card for Robben which wasn't awarded (while Xavi received a yellow card for the same action).

Now, everyone agrees that the referee made alot of bad calls, but to STILL blame the referee for losing a final ...
Not insulting to the Dutch? Give me a break.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote