View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2016, 19:42   #23
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Replacment suggestion for alliance fleet

That has already been covered. I am talking about not having an objection to the Galaxy using my fleet but then it being used badly damaging trust. Yes I can in future say no to using my fleet but only at the cost of damaging the Galaxy. The check box seems to be a blunt instrument and the suggested not being able to send a fleet to def against the player's own alliance is a much more elegant solution to my initial objection so why go back to the lesser one?

Ok let's take another tack; 1, why are we limiting this to MoW and GC? Why should these few be specifically privileged? Are all MoWs and GCs somehow more trustworthy than the rest of the community?

I am also skeptical about the new players argument. New players are useful by getting them active and able to play pa well, not by having a single fleet from them. As you yourself mention the counting score means that there can be support planets for alliances, this has yet to happen for galaxies. Yes it provides an incentive to keep someone who is a defplanet in the gal but these will mostly be experienced players. If you have a nub who is active enough to have communicated with you and agreed to build one ship then s/he is worth the investment to teach to be a real player and an overall contribution to the game.

Edit: I should note that I am not necessarily totally against Galaxy def fleets, I however don't think that using the ally def fleets as a model for how it should be done is necessarily the thing to do. Ally def fleets is designed to solve a problem that is pa being played at anti social times (whether it is successful seems to be a matter of opinion but that is not important for this argument)... On the other hand this is not so much of a problem for Galaxy defence which a, has a lot more time to respond, and b, is usually happening at around the time where most players (Europeans) are checking in the morning. A bigger issue for galaxies than idle fleets therefore tends to be that the fleets were launched several hours before and can't get back in time! Also gal def fleets seems to me different enough to need a new thread not hijacking one about adding pl+x to the inc scan.

On the ally fleets issue; While I generally agree that it being harder to land may well result in bigger blocks last round can hardly be used to show that this is the effect of ally fleets. If an alliance is going to win a round it needs to use all members all three fleets... Not just one. For the winning alliance therefore the ally fleet likely makes almost no difference except for making life a bit easier and cutting down on sms/call expenses.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 7 May 2016 at 20:03.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote