View Single Post
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 14:27   #17
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road
Re: Newsflash : Arrogant car drivers found to be "complete faggots", survey says

Quote:
As for speed cameras, some of them do a decent job, however in some places they are actually dangerous e.g. where you have a speed camera, roundabout and a pelican crossing to deal with all at once, so you are watching your speedo (you care more about not getting fined am i rite) instead of paying attention to oncoming traffic plus if there are any pedestrians crossing the road, simply because it's too close to the junction.
Speed cameras ARE dangerous, I Have to go through 6 of them each day to and from work (there are 3 cameras within one mile of each other!)

one is at the bottom of a hill where the speed limit drops by 10mph, and the camera is situated about 10m into the new limit. I have seen accidents where cars have run into the back of one another, because every morning people slow down TOO much, to about 25 - 30 when it should be 40!!!!

And also on National Speed limit roads when for miles you've been doing 55 - 60 happily following another car, then they see a speed camera, SLAM the anchors on to 30mph because they don't know the road is national, or maybe they don't know national is 60!

either way first 2 years of driving, two speeding fines (or any offence I think) and u LOOSE your license...

has scared the crap out of me when I first passed and I glanced to my speedo, 40mph.. excellent, looked up and there was a black BMW on the other side of the road, doing about 50 over taking some cars, I slammed by brakes on and he nearly "rolled" back in front of the car he was overtaking..

:-S

That and the fact your first years insurance costs far too much, it is cheaper to drive with no-insurance, get caught and fined upto about 8 times... :-/ It's a crazy world