View Single Post
Unread 18 Jul 2008, 22:36   #6
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Planetarion Quit Thread - If you stopped playing, please read and reply

I have quit about 5 or 6 times. I come back every couple of years or so. Why? the game demands unreasonable time investment at irrational hours AND in top of it, chances are a new or a solo player CANNOT make the top 100 unless he commits to an alliance.

PA has come to be all about alliances (even more so than 8 years ago with Fury or 4 ago with 1up), and playing solo or with a small group of players virtually truncates every chance you got at the top 100 (unless you are a vet, playing with a handful of other vets, with logistical support from a few HCs). IMO while alliances have been what has kept PA alive, they are what is killing it slowly.

I signed up for this round cuz is summer, I got no job, and I had not played since last summer. I will not play next round most likely, unless Kargool stops being a bitch calling me a dick. Then I will prolly be a scanner if I want to pay, or just a support account if I just want to freeby it.

I would probably have a paid, serious, permanent account if I could "improve it" (or screw it) with every decision I make throughout years of membership; for example, by playing every round and improving (or screwing) my overall ranking in the community, and by acquiring certain medal-achievement prizes, etc.

With a main account system I foresee playing even during off seasons. I might pop in every couple of months and play a quick weekend round. But we don;t have this do we? Imagine, I have been calling for this shit for years... and "I am not the only one."

Last edited by Aedolaws; 19 Jul 2008 at 01:57.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote