View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2018, 09:16   #49
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Ironborn Backstab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
From the outside looking in, I would say if Forest wasn't powerless, he was obviously unwilling, or at the very least not willing enough to enforce his promises. And that contradicts VenoX's claim that Forest 'promised' to commit more to hitting Ult at that time
The argument that CT was consistantly putting more waves on the one or two IB available on raids is horseshit. It might have happened as a once or twice off, if at all, but that would be about the full extent of it. Anyone claiming otherwise is being disingenuous to suit their agenda.

From my own observations in this thread and elsewhere, it certainly appears as if IB were looking to turn on CT at the first available opportunity, given they were being substantially beaten by Ult on roid count, and saw CT as a free meal.

IB revoking their agreement to work alongside CT before CT had exhausted all of their options, is a reflection on IB's lack of commitment, not CT/Forest. The only accusation that IB can make towards CT/Forest is that the options available weren't utilised fast enough, which again, reeks of desperation.

This isn't a case of CT being unwilling or unable to uphold their end of the bargain, it is a case of IB essentially giving CT an ultimatum of declaring all out war on Ult, and then turning on them when it didn't happen fast enough. That is weak, bully boy politics.

Quote:
From past experience with both VenoX and Forest, and the uncontested claims VenoX made about incoming CT fleets to both IB and Ult, I'm more inclined to side with VenoX on this one
From past experience of spending multiple rounds in every alliance VenoX has HC'd, including BP'ing with him, I would be very reluctant to take his claims at face value. He is a person that will put on a great facade to your face, while being venomous when he can remain anonymous. Hence the name, Venomous X. Forest on the other hand, is about as forthright as myself.

Quote:
Personally, had I made a 'promise' about committing to hit Ult, I would not have put up IB targets. Especially when considering target/strategy compatibility, and ults reputation as a defensive powerhouse. Then again, ranting at your members when they don't comply with the 'promises' that he made out of their purview sure sounds like true commitment!
As you're probably able to figure out by now, CT's strategy appears to have been one step short of declaring all out war on alliances at that point in the round. Removing all other targets from raids and PTargetting Ult is doing just that, declaring war.

Forest made a statement regarding being worried about being left holding the baby if and when CT did chose to go all in on Ult. As we've seen, those fears were well placed, given IB's decision to turn on CT at the first available opportunity.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 12 Sep 2018 at 09:26.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote