View Single Post
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 22:33   #39
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Re: Drifting towards 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I don't know about anyone else but I don't find myself thinking about other peoples birthdays very often, It's one tiny piece of information which is only valuable once a year so to constantly think of it would be such a waste of time. Plus, it's not only your birthday so remembering birthdays would become a massive effort if you had to go through a list every day to make sure you didn't forget your neighbours sisters sons dogs birthday.
If you happen to know 100 people (which is probably a tiny fraction of your friends/family/coleagues/et al) that gives us about 60 birthdays/year, meaning more than one B-Day a week on average. Hence, it is not a 'omg i have to mind this one specific day amidst 365!11" but more of a general concern. You think on the lines of 'who should i pay my compliments to'. You check your Notes, and there it is " Gary birthday´s, jan-25th' and you call him and you chat and have a nice time, then you hang up. You will be feeling better. He is feeling a lot better. If everyone did this, there wouldnt be people on the forums talking sad stuff like this. Help the world. Help yourself.

This is one these cases like the sentece 'humans are always asking themselves why arent they happy, while all the other animals can just be'. If you start dissecting everything - from social relations to the essence of love - sure you are going to find only egoistic and depressing things. The more you think about it, the more sucky it seems, and if you dont have the guts, dont go there.
This should be the motto for a lot of people
just 'be'

Quote:
Most people I know don't have a calander
Most people i know DO! How strange

Quote:
that's total bullshit, not remembering a frankly insignificant and unused piece of info on the right day of 365 is a non-issue. I honestly can't see what the big deal is in telling people your birthday is coming up. If you can't be bothered to mention it why should others be bothered to remember it?
if it is so unimportant, how do you explain this topic?

Quote:
Edit: If a husband forgets his wedding anniversary does that mean he doesn't love his wife and they should get divorced?
It means he is busy with stuff other than his wife. Other than that is a couple´s affair