Unread 4 Jul 2004, 22:05   #144
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Taking a long overdue piss on 1up's propaganda bonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I counted yours JDD.

I don't post that to claim that 1up is a pile of non-defending dog turd. I do however, think that the touted experience of the 1up player base does have a fault.

With so many 'seasoned' veterans, and so many people involved in the Planetarion political scene, from the outside it seems like there are a lot of egos to stroke, a handful of cases where officers who favor certain planets (theirs) over the others, and so forth.

Certainly the experienced member base of 1up is a benefit and has helped them establish an early lead, but whos to say it isnt a liability as well?
One of the few reasons i didn't apply to 1up - i can't stand ego's as big as mine

Although in defense of 1up, everyone and their brother is chucking everything but the kitchen sink at them, so no doubt they will be a little spread thin in concerns with defense. I still think they'll win the round, as they got people at the top with the experience, they've been in this situation before and will come out of it again. It's gonna be interesting either way.