View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 19:02   #147
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: PA Multihunters - Bringing back the lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
the policemen themselves are not allowed to divulge info about a suspect to the public, or any details on a case. (i may be wrong but i think almost every country has that). though some higher up chief can do public briefings, that's just never happened in PA. it might be because some details would breech the confidentiality agreement and nda.

Again, this is very typical for intelligence organizations and despots, not police. Police have someone they answer to: they only enforce laws, they do not come up with them. The problem here is that when you give a power hungry egocentric person power, he will soon come up with things to do just to spank people that annoy him: eg. ban things that offend him/her on very strict basis. Court will provide open access to information on cases. Police will provide you with an official document that describes just what you have done wrong (ie. a speeding ticket), and if you are unhappy with that, you can escalate it to an authority monitoring the police behaviour. Here, you can barely get a document stating on what you've done wrong or if you do it's going to be very vague.

To give you an analogy, this is what typically happens in communist/many non-democratic countries: governments ban things they dislike no matter how ridiculous (read the discussion Light had with Ace about banners linked above) it is. It's a lot of talk about some power-hungry, ego-tripping tyrant with essentially unlimited power just going wild with it. Seriously, if that banner offends someone so bad, then butter being a multihunter is probably an insult towards men at large. Much like Swaziland being ruled by a tyrant is an insult towards all the country's residents.

They're going to infinitely back down to the NDA: the problem with the police analogy is that in (western) legal systems the police, when deemed to have possibly misconducted, will have to explain their actions: the vast majority of court rulings (apart from things like espionage cases) are public. Here, you can just say "lol i think ur banner is dumb i remove it NDA sry won't talk it bb".
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote