Thread: R61 Changes
View Single Post
Unread 24 Feb 2015, 00:29   #38
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R61 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
I think its too rushed and is a very big change to the game, i just feel the time could be better spent making changes that will help to attract players than to make things more complicated.

Current issues i see:
.Too few galaxys - related to shuffle and bp size
.Too few players
.1 on 1 alliance wars not possible - war feature is good but stats forces block wars (as well as politics), eg, ND/Ults could only make small gains on CT and P3ng/CT could only make small gains on ult... 1on1 was stalemate.
.Politics... that's a community problem but related to the previous issue as well as complete over reaction to gal raid incs.
.Dependency on scanners - should we be thinking about abolishing most of the scan/amp requirement, it would make it easier for small tags and lone players.
.Players choosing wrong race - stats related again but players end up resetting or quitting the round because of it, maybe a return to tech tree would make things more flexible and allow for people to change direction after the first week. one feature the other game allows you to reset your tech tree, not your planet, research or devs.

Alliance-less planets 174 - how many of these are new players that fail to get into the game or are bashed to quitting, there are plenty of tags that could take them in and support them. we should aim to get this number down or make it easier for those to survive without an alliance.

I'm sure there is more issues or things we can do but it would be good to discuss them first.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Appocomaster,

When did you speak to players about these changes? I do not think you did, not on a larger scale. Wouldn't it be better to try to consult the #alliances people?

To be direct: multitick combat is about the worst idea I have heard in years. When we were young, up until round 9.5, multitick attacks/defences were the default. We did have a WAY different playerbase then though. We had overactive teenagers with no real life but to jerk off (or finger) and constantly monitor their planet day and night. Calcing what tick to recall, micromanaging the defence ticks also.

Multitick combat requires micromanagement, but in the last few years, EVERY CHANGE you made, invoked more and more idleness and ease of use. Players have gotten accustomed to being lazy, except for a few dozen.

Do you REALLY want to kill off the overaged remnants of this game so quickly? PA Team really lost it. Normal people (who can't be online for ticks and ticks on end to micromanage) will just give up and stop bothering or won't even play after their first crash.

Personally I will just not play (it will be my first round without funcitonal planet since round 2, so you could say I have endured every shit change so far!) and i hereby invite everyone to declare the same. What was the URL of the censored game again?
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Another addition :

When did ANY of the ones who decide these changes LAST play a real round themselves? You all have NO clue how cramped this game has gotten in such a small universe. In a way this game is MUCH more difficult to play then 10 years ago. And you want to add more stress ?

Ace for instance hasnt played a real round after round 20 (i think), when he became MH. Even when I returned to the game from being MH in round 34 (having been MH since R18 havoc) I discovered how totally changed the game was not only technically, but also in gameplay, alliance wars, blocks, etc.

Cin, Poco, Fiery, Ace, Lunar, Mark, whoever is on PA Team now, unless you experience the killzone yourself by playing a full round with a real planet in a real alliance, you really should NOT EVER decide such huge changes just by yourselves. Who do you think you are? You have no clue. This game exists ONLY because the players think it's still playable, not because you have such smart ideas.

You REALLY should play real round sometime and then rethink stupid ideas.
And this...

Add to gm's list.

-The reduction of tag sizes
-Abolishing late starters i.e. making them random. All they do is make t10 galaxies stronger and impossible to hit, particularly when they consist of double the planets they should. It's not fair on anyone.

Seriously. Get it together. Or I to will no longer play this game and I know I'm not alone.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote