View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 11:55   #20
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I disagree.

The problem with the Xan FI/CO fleet is that Sents are too good. But not becuase they do so much damage etc, its because of their class. I think if you kept the Sent how it is (armour/damage per unit of resource wise) and made it FI classed, it would solve quite a few problems.

1) being FI classed means they fit into the FI fleet more easily, thus making the FI fleet more effective.
2) more Sents will not be at home for defence missions, as they again become critical on attack
3) Sending sents (particularly when outnumbered) in defence effectively means that you are throwing them away - if they keep dying there will be fewer in the universe to defend against other attacks and so on
4) There is still a role for Arrowheads - sending them along to discourage the use of Beetles to defend against you is still viable (especially when attacking a Cath) who might just choose to run instead of take the losses. This makes it fit in with the general theme of needing 2 classes of ships to attack with.

Thoughts?
Sentinels being CO class also means that too many cathaars/zikonians have quite some stolen sentinels which discourages attacking them. Using arrows with a FI fleet against cat/zik is not a very attractive option since they tend to get stolen too. Stealing some spiders could help but I haven't seen many xans with too many of them cause its too hard to get any.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote