View Single Post
Unread 1 Mar 2015, 19:08   #12
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: p3nguins Round 61

Our culture is based on transparency. Treating people equal and allowing our members to utilise their brains.

We have a number of members who did 0 in previous alliances that now contribute a great deal to our community, probably because they were never given the opportunity or never felt it was their responsibility to do anything.

We don't do hierarchy. There are those who are seen as leaders, which in my opinion are those who take responsibility above and beyond others but there is nothing stopping any member carrying out that role.

It is probably a different way of working for some people and some love hierarchy but I feel that results in brain dead players who always look for the person above to blame when things don't work out the way they want.

Of course the above is exploitable but with that being said it does not take long for the community to realise member x or y does not fit in and they are soon gone. Being self sufficient in this way means the ally can continue to play and look back at these positives and negatives that you mention Paisley and adjust itself without the need for power hungry hc to tell people that is what we need to do.

If you are considering p3nguins as an ally I would suggest you keep an open mind as to how things can be done where roles are not clear cut and defined.

A good analogy is supermarket vs a corner shop. If I work in a corner shop I can manage the till, stock the shelves, talk to the customers or manage the finances with a bunch of like minded people. If I work in a supermarket I get one job and often I have to be trained for hours on the systems in order to get something simple done to the "standard" which someone disconnected from the workplace decided. Not perfect but the point remains p3nguins rewards people who give a crap and for those who put in effort. If you want to BC or DC or set up raids, scan or just lolwave some idiot its all welcomed. If you want to be head of our media wing then just go and do it. Nothing is stopping you other than your own laziness so if you want to take control a bit more of your life in pa then you are welcome to join. You dont have to become a hc or an officer to do all of this.

As one of the founders of the alliance I want to ensure our values are distilled into the alliance at all times. It has resulted in some often tough decisions especially when it comes to removing "elite " members due to poor attitudes. This is one of the reasons I personally have such a bad rep in the pa world. However the alliance comes before any one person.

Last edited by Munkee; 1 Mar 2015 at 19:14.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote