View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2009, 17:21   #22
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: A purpose for bot planets

First of all, sorry for stepping into the middle of a discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
I disagree, I like the current system where resources in a raw form are worth less then ones that have been committed. The current problem is that there is the ability to simply hide resources and this should be eliminated.
What would be the reason for making raw resources count less? I don't see any improved gameplay experience by making all resources count the same, nor do I see a worse gameplay experience. After some more tinkering it might actually also address this problem really nice as everyone gets the value he really is worth.

Quote:
This is not true. XP does make it more profitable to hit bigger planets, and when the stats create the necessary holes to allow smaller planets to hit bigger planets (which this round, and the last couple of rounds, they did not) then it is far more profitable to hit big planets then small planets near your bash limit.
When was the last round you played? XP did shift from being useful, to being some nice little bonus on top of your fleet value. Of course, the shorter a round the more XP might pay off, but it really means trading "potentially score-increasing score" into "fixed score". XP is like the pension fund while your fleet is the hedgefond.
Regarding loopholes in stats: that's totally absurd. In round 16 Ascendancy has perfectly shown what the game will be like with such loopholes in stats.

Quote:
This is an interesting suggestion and should be considered.
Re-introduce value based capping. Problem solved.

Quote:
No argument from me. I suggested this way back when I did the stats, that the stats from one round to the next should simply be tweaked rather then constantly overhauled. Creating a good set of stats is incredibly difficult and even the brightest minds in PA have trouble creating a balanced set. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to create a set that people could agree on and so the constant battle over the stats has continued.
Uhm, didn't I bring up that idea on PS at some point? That mainly because I was tired of re-learning shipnames with their class and what they target. Anyway, stats should stay pretty much "fix" between rounds.