View Single Post
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 18:48   #5
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of
Re: [Phones]Scumbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Now normally I would never make one of these threads a I find them awfully dull and I have no interest whastoever in mobile phones but I feel as if I have been ripped-off and I would like some legal advice.

I am with Vodaphone (no lectures or adivce about better providers, because frankly I don't care) and I tried to make a £10 pay-as-you-go top-up using my debit card. I entered all my details and when the process got to the end it said the systems was busy and I should try again later.

So I hung up and did the same thing again.
this time it ws sucessful and I informed my balance was now £20. Basically, it has charged me twice as much as I wanted to put on to my phone.

just called up Vodaphone and was told that if I wanted my £10 back I would have to wait upto 21 days. Is this legal?

What makes this more irritating is that you get 10% free when you top up with £15 or more and because this was technically two transactions I've not recieved the extra free.
You should have just done what the phone said and waited a while and this whole fiasco could have been averted. You were too reckless and hasty, like that guy who turned into Darth Vader.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote