View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2005, 14:56   #244
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: go go go Exilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Yes, they can get reopened with a cap if they explain some, but not all of the evidence to the satisfaction of the multihunter handling their case.
Just because they CAN get reopened does not mean that they will
it is up to the multihunter investigating them, and ultimately to the head multihunter (Xontas) at the end of the day
How stupid, if you explain some then your left out without a real penalty. So let me say it again, you let those cheaters have to many options to get themselfs out of it without beeing deleted.

Quote:
Then help out and gather evidence to assist the Mhs rather then just whinging about it.

1) Im not wasting time on this game anymore 2) I have done in the past, and it led to nothing.
Quote:
The multihunters are far from incompetant, and the tools have been improving (slowly) for a few rounds now.
The relatively high demand for evidence is there BECAUSE PEOPLE PAY TO PLAY.
Would you like it, if at the whim of a multihunter you got closed just because you unwittingly attacked someone who later turned out to be a farm planet?
Would you also like it if you lost the credit you had paid for when you got deleted?
I think not.
Incidently the burden of evidence required has decreased since r10,r11. Before it used to take a substantial amount, and a pretty much certainty that they couldnt possibly be innocent or explain anything of it at all
1) Oh? Letting people off with a cap isnt incompetence. I guess we differ on that.
2) The rounds who were free, just as recently as 9.5, were not really better in terms of MH'ing. Various alliances (including some of the regular cheaters) used swarms of small planets with just fi/co ships to attack and defend with. These small planets were so active, that they were online 24/7 almost. And the cheaters didnt even bother just using them 2-3 times, oh no. But did the MH's managing to close them, nope. I reported several such planets in r8, who got used by Darki, and they sure didnt get closed either.

3) And even if they pay to play, doesnt mean they have the right to ruin the game for the rest. I know there will be pressure to let cheaters go (like with a "cap"), so that they sign up next time, just for bringing in the money. However, treating the majority of the players that way (becouse you treat them like sh*t, when you let someone cheat and get away with it) will lead to fewer of them signing up to a next round. Its not that fun beeing attacked at 5 every night, couse someone is account-sharing/multying etc.

Stop thinking about it that way. Think like this: "Lets get those cheaters AWAY from Planetarion, so that we can create a game with a level playing field who is able to attract more players".

Besides, it's a 5 quid per planet or so, not 21 year in jail we are talking about.

Quote:
Those are there already. Its called "Detector admin" in the admin tools.
Ofc you wouldnt exactly know this since you havent seen the tools they have available
So the exhiltion planets got cought by that system? And still, if such a system is going to be of some use, you gotta stop letting people go "with a cap" eh.

Quote:
On their own, i disagree.
In combination with other evidence - it already is.
Some people use a proxy unknowingly, Those on AOL for instance.
When they use the aol browser it puts them through one of several aol proxies.
You know Im not talking about those poor people using AOL and similar shitty ISP's.
Remember the incident were someone from Europe suddenly logged in from Mexico? And than from Europe again, faster than a plane could have brought him back? It's still posible to catch cheaters that way, even if I suspect people who multi/account-share have been more aware of it. Again, your just to nice to suceed.
Quote:
See above point about people paying to play.
See above my points in care for the majority.

Quote:
Incase you didnt hear, i retired a while back.
Still im sure that the rest of pateam/jolt has listened and will probably respond in more or less the same way i have.
Still not getting it?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release