Thread: fleet access.
View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2018, 09:33   #27
TheoDD

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: fleet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Just because Xan is weak for a round doesn't mean there's a problem. Obviously, Xan is very weak this round*, but that can just as easily be because of the stats or alliance fleet strategies. 2 rounds ago there were 5 Xans in the top 10, so even if Xan race bonuses are weak (which I strongly contest: cloak is insane), they can still clearly be more than compensated for in the stats, which implies to me that whatever imbalance exists, it's minor in the grand scheme of things. Rather than focus on that minor imbalance, focus on helping improve the stats instead (which I know you already do), where apparently much larger imbalances still exist.

That said, I agree balanced stats do not compensate for alliance fleets or prelaunch. I'm... not even sure by what mechanism that would happen.

* Until now, I didn't realize how imbalanced the universe is... 75% of the top 100 is Ter and Cat, 80% of the top 50, and 90% of the top 10. That's hilarious.
2 rounds ago was the XP madness round, where most alliances completly abandoned defence. And only reason Xan did well was because most universe went xan and farmed XP. Look back at rankings and see how often and how many Xans compete for top value... Their RP output just doesn't allow them to be competitive.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote