View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 00:10   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Change to Galaxy Disband

Ok, I've never ever exiled. Or bin in a disbanded gal. So I might get some of my facts wrong in the following. I don't care, correct me if u need to

I just joined this round (Tick 217) after a few rounds absence. Almost immediately on joining our GC exiled and our new GC put up a galaxy disband vote. Recognising the gal was on its last legs I put my vote in as YES. After a couple of ticks one of our gal members voted NO which put the galaxy disband objections at like 5%.

Then a couple more of our bigger players exiled. Now that 1 vote suddenly accounts for 12% of the 25% required to stop a galaxy disband. We also had a couple more players (like me) join who are in protection, and so far look inactive.

MY concern here is that existing players might self exile leaving only the new players who were put into this sh!thole stuck because of 1 guy who voted no. Obviously once we get out of protection we can self exile but i'd rather not have to pay for the mistakes of the people who were in this gal before me. Having said that though I'd rather self exile right now than wait to see if the galaxy disbands naturally, or self exile once i'm out of protection.

Unfortunately I can't self exile. Because i'm in protection ((( So I guess after all that blabber what it comes down to is a simple two line suggestion. as follows:-

Players under protection who are in a galaxy with a gal disband vote could/ should be given the option of being able to self exile. Preferably for free.

Why I believe this idea works:-

If you actually are good at this game you have the option of securing a half decent start for your planet even if the randomizer screws you on placement.

IF your a ***** and you need a crappy ass gal to learn your trade without getting exiled, you won't even be aware of this feature or it's benefits so it won't fk with the whole ideal of having crappy ass gals for crappy ass players.

The problem I forsee with this idea

Good players, or alliances, will abuse this idea to get players into good gals.

Which leads to suggestion 2 :-

This option (free self exile if in protection) should only be available if both of the following criteria are met

i) Your planet was signed up after tick 72
ii) The galaxy you were placed in has, or goes into, a galaxy disband vote during your period of protection

cheers
Nik
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote