View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 03:45   #50
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

Ok, I've gone through the latest version (6).

I find that alliance defence is key, and close behind that is being able to hit (any) races. The below analysis only concerns alliance defence.

Terran DE: 0-loss = Gryphon, fire first = Viper, fire at same time = Fireblade
Terran BS: 0-loss = Black Widow, fire first = Broadsword, Lancer, fire at same time = Dragon, fire after = corsair
Cath FR:0-targetted = Pulsar, fire after = Phoenix, Beetle
Cath CR: 0-targetted = Bomber, Clipper, Guardian, fire at same time/after = Chimera, Scarab, Buccaneer
Xan CO: 0-loss = Drake, fire after = Vsharrak, Assassin
Xan FR: 0-loss = Pulsar, fire after = Phoenix, Beetle
Zik FI: fire before = Spider, Arrowhead, fire at same time = Cutlass, fire after = Harpy, Cutter
Zik DE: 0-loss = Gryphon, Viper, Fireblade

Zik DE is dependant on stealing ships with Rogues to have any success, but this could be done relatively easily as in-gal defence - as shown by Ziks with Marauders stealing FR in Round 14. A little bit of committment and you're home and dry on that front (a sprinkling of luck too).

Key defence ships are the Gryphon, Pulsar, Bomber and Arrowhead, as far as I can tell. At the moment Xan looks incredibly strong compared to everything else - just in my opinion ofc. Before, Cath could do some major stunnage on Xan FI with the Beetle, and that option's gone now. Both Terran and Zik DE will struggle against the combined forces of the Viper and Fireblade - and they should be built in large numbers.

Terran BS will be as strong as ever due to its massive armour, and will kick ass against Broadswords and Lancers over time - since universe numbers will constantly be depleted due to not killing enough BS on suicide landings. Paper-thin armour is Xan's style, after all.

Cath FR looks sound as a secondary fleet. High use of it as an attack fleet will increase Black Widow numbers but make them less available at peak times to cover BS calls. Combining the fleet with Scarabs should make it a very good fleet against Syren-heavy Terrans (depending on Gryphon numbers).

Cath CR are my pick as dark horses. A Cath with a lot of Tarantulas should be able to cope with Bombers. Buccaneers could make things rather interesting for Ziks to get CR fleets, but you'd need a lot of Buccs to go down this angle. There won't be many Clippers or Guardians in the universe, and a DC will never have enough Scarabs.

Xan are very strong with both their fleets, and have further faking opportunites with them.

Zik FI should be owned by the combined forces of Spiders and Arrowheads, while I summarise DE above.

Last edited by furball; 15 Jan 2006 at 14:04. Reason: Cath use FR not CO :(
furball is offline   Reply With Quote