View Single Post
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 21:14   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Constructions / Research

I like the fact Research is free...I like the general idea of Constructions as it is...where you can build multiples of things.

I don't like the fact that Constructions get too expensive, and thus you can't realistically play a defensive game (in the way of building mines/finance centers to grow vs. getting roids).

People should be able to have more choice in how their planet goes along, and what "route" they take in the game. If I want to be a scanner, there should be benefits in a seperate branch of the tech tree that would change other features compared to planets that went for attacking/roiding etc.

The ability to lose Constructions in combat is highly annoying, yet overall a "good thing", though they could be a little harder to destroy (or a max on the number of them that can be destroyed) since they get damned expensive.

Scans as they are now, are pretty alright. Jammers are useless, but the scans and their setup is good. I would still like to see a 'galaxy scan' option (perhaps on the end of the scan branch) that can be configured to do multiple scans of different types simultaneously.

It would also be nice if there was an in-game feature for sending scans to someone (instead of c/p them into notepad, and dcc'ing it etc) in bulk...the fact they are stored for awhile and can be re-called is great, but could use even more flexibility

Utterly useless since r3