View Single Post
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 22:07   #5
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Secondary Ship Functions

it would be an extra headache, or an interesting diversification on what you can do with your fleet.

Depends on your perspective of what you derive enjoyment from i suppose furball. Couple of us were speaking on IRC the other day, and we agreed the best part of the game can often be when you wake up to huge amounts of red incoming

Monroe - I'm ignorant of the game engine and it's limitations, I'd assumed there would not be a problem there.... if this suggestion was took up and encoded into the game, all you would be doing is the following:-

create 11 additional ships for each race. Keep the current ship names the same, but change to MkI and MkII

Combat engine would surely work the same, as all you will be doing is changing the function of the ship (ships will not be multi targeting, only the effect of the ship will change...kill / steal / freeze / cloak etc

For Example

(ignore the m c e costs, that WOULD differ, as you wouldn't be able to build them outright, additional costs would be halved putting them through the relevant engineering bay)

The resource pod would obviously need extra code, but certainly this seems to be a popular suggestion :/ (and maybe if the sk's had a secondary function)

As to DC's....I'm pretty sure the current calc out there like thruds could easily adapt to the new MkII ships (as with the combat engine, all it entails is tweaking the current coding with different stats / function), maybe the last part of the idea (the new scan) should be two fold, a fleet analysis engineering scan, and a engineering aua scan.....though finding people with the ships to counter them would maybe be harder to come by I will concede that.

At the end of the day, I play Zik, and play Zik whenever I come back to this game. I seriously cannot see how any1 takes enjoyment from any other race apart from maybe Etd. I think I'd be bored silly say as a terran...build bs launch build more bs launch rinse repeat etc. Diversification and experimentation is key to maintaining interest no?

and no I am not / have not been to a marriage counsellor

Last edited by DarkHeart; 6 Aug 2007 at 22:42.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote