View Single Post
Unread 13 Aug 2009, 14:53   #76
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: R32 stats and next round :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
Xan Fighter Meta Class:
- Phantom FI->FI Init 5
- Pulsar FI->FR/DE Init 5
- Sentinel CO->CO/FR/DE Init 6

Ships that target FI with intention to kill/steal:
- Harpy (Ter FI Init 7) T1
- Phoenix (Ter CO Init 7) T2
- Pegasus (Ter DE Init 6) T2
- Gnat (Cat FI Init 10) T2
- Phantom (Xan FI Init 5) T1
- Ghost (Xan FR Init 5) T1
- Cutlass (Zik FI Init 20) T2
- Thief (Zik FR Init 19) T1
- Pillager (Etd FR Init 19) T2
- Devastator (Etd DE Init 6) T2

Of all of those, the Phantom, Pulsar, and Ghost all fire simultaneously. The rest of the ships Xan have an initiative advantage on. If you choose to not build Sentinel the only vulnerability your fleet has is through EMP (which Xan has pretty much every round) and Phoenix (which some people will not build since Harpy has a T3).
But then you still need to build an anti-co ship. My point was, every other race has to build only 3 ships (or atleast the option to) and these 3 ships are usually 2 attack ships in the same class and 1 defence ship in a diff class. Xan has the disadvantage of building 3 attack ships accross 2 classes + an anti-CR/BS ship OR 2 attack ships + an anti-co ship (that can't be used in ally defence) and an anti-cr/bs ship OR leave a CO hole and go with 3 ships. One or the other (2 attack ships in diff classes or needing to build 4 ships to cover all classes) has weakened xan the last couple of rounds to the point where xan dominance is no longer a problem, giving them both weaknesses is a bit extreme considering their demise over the last 2 rounds and you can definitely tell these stats were made pre-r31, a little update wouldn't hurt, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
P.S.: What is the difference that makes fi/co/de complicated and fi/co/de simple?
FI/CO/FR/DE/CR/BS is the order of ship size, targetting along those lines or in reverse is pretty simple to understand but when you start jumping between it just adds completely unecessary complexity. For example I'm sat there staring at a battle calc as a DC and I want to know what T3 target of a ship is, if I know its FI/CO then it should be FR 3rd, not DE, or whatever it is you decide to chuck in there for fun.