View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 20:20   #307
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Given the recent rumours I've heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab
One mans "sanctimonious bullshit" is another mans "3rd rate attempt at politics which is evidently very successful within this community".

If its permissible to use logins that you have acquired by whatever means for whatever purpose (on the basis that this is a war game), why is it not permissible to use sanctimonious bullshit for whatever purpose (on the basis that this is a war game)?
When you accuse an alliance of cheating, you attack their reputation. Now while we don't mind being hated for a number of reasons, I personally find being our alliance being accused of cheating as a vicious outrage.

As JBG has posted, a large number of Ascendancy's players stance and record on cheating is exemplary. Whatever our strategies, we are people who respect the nature of the game and as experienced players, I think a lot of us know the importance of following the rules of play. In fact, when people have changed game mechanics/rules to stop us from utilising our strategies, we have just accepted it and moved on while voicing our opinion on the issue.

Ascendancy have every right to defend their reputation on an accusation that is entirely false. While people can use any excuse they like to get people to attack Ascendancy, I think we're right to point out that this accusation is absurd. People have every right to attack Ascendancy for a number of reasons (fat, political, pure dislike, gaining access to an arbiter) but to use this excuse was pretty substandard.

In terms of the passwords, every alliance uses espionage and has used logins of other people's arbiters before. Whoever used them used them without knowing how those logins had been obtained and are blameless. Whoever got them by foul means is to blame and should be held accountable. In terms of situations like these, these should be left to the MH/relevant authorities, in my opinion - and it's why we have those rules on this forum. Why? Because, you or I are not in a position to make these decisions.

In terms of exilition getting over it, whatever they may or may not have got over, many of Ascendancy certainly haven't. They were horrifically victimised and we were all burdened with a ridiculous support planet rule as a result, which was bad for the game. So if you think the approach of labelling an alliance as 'cheats' to get ahead is in any way justifiable, well you can second guess my opinion on that.

To be honest the logic of your argument is entirely false as it entirely ignores the context of the whole situation and in the history of the gane.

Last edited by lokken; 30 Apr 2008 at 21:37.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote