View Single Post
Unread 14 Apr 2015, 11:55   #102
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: This time of the round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Never illegal. I don't quite recall if anyone ever got deleted for sitting pretty (oh, so pretty) in c200. People have gotten moved out of there, though, and Dav was one of them. Multihunters acted inconsistently in this instance. Some people got moved, others in the past did not.

Finding bugs and failing to report them is illegal. Finding bugs and reporting them is commonly understood to be acceptable, even if you went far out beyond the scope of what a normal user might be able to do. Dav found the bug and reported it, but was still closed and deleted for it. This is a bad signal.

Personally, I feel that what Dav did wrong here was not his usage of the galfund bug, because he did report the bug he found. When he did so, he knew the benefits he had gained while finding it would be removed, so he wasn't aiming to benefit from the bug. What Dav did wrong was talk about the bug to someone whose morals are, let us say, not entirely scrupulous. This is bloody stupid. Not illegal, though.

Never illegal, no one ever got closed. Dirty? Maybe, but they aren't called the DirtHunters.

Yet you have no problem condemning him for these offenses you admit you don't remember him committed. Do you see the problem here?

I get that you hate cheaters, but Dav is hardly the kind of criminal mastermind you're making him out to be. Let it go.

This is where we differs in opinion.
Dav used these bugs/weaknesess to gain ranks.
Nobody has been closed for reporting bugs, saying that he was gonna report something long after a him and his gal mates abused it aint credible at all.

It reminds me a little about MrJ in plan3tia, and the incident where someone found out how to build free ships, and told everybody else except the MHs

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote