View Single Post
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 18:48   #3
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about
Re: New scanning system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
  • Allow dists to function as they do currently for inc scans
  • Allow dists to function as they do currently for inc scans until ETA4. This would allow fakes to land without proper defence as they currently do, but wouldn't result in players losing a large chunk of their fleet because they left their anti-BS home to be massacred by faked FR. I don't see how dists on an attacker's home planet can affect inc scans when the attacking fleet is half way between his planet and mine anyways
It's come to my attention that the inc scan working at eta4 with insufficient amps would render xan much less useful. It would also render faking in general all but useless in most cases, such as terrans sending harpy/lynx or harpy/minotaur/1lynx. This would only have a chance at working out decently in the attacker's favor if they sent a real attack fleet faked as something else such as ter fr faked as cr.

Apparently I hadn't thought that bit through entirely.

[edit]I'm removing that bit from my original post since it isn't very logical, since most people will read the original post but not this reply, but I'll leave it quoted here.[/edit]

Last edited by Devlin; 18 Mar 2009 at 18:54.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote