Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 22 Mar 2010, 01:54   #41
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: donation whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
the spirit of the game was (in my mind) that all the players start with the same chances. Getting the startup bonuses from other planets is pure cheating to me. you can split hairs in as many parts you want and write pages of clinical explanation/demonstration, your blablabla won't change what I think about that cheater.
I find it highly amusing to see some sort of discussion almost every round how a certain move is an exploit/not in the spirit of the game/against the rules (in cases where no rule exists).
Obviously, youŽve been tricked. BA managed to pull off a risky move, and now youŽre afraid he might succeed. However, he did use mechanics supplied by the game, completely within the rules. You may call this move lame, but not cheating.
I know for sure one example of donations that certainly was worse than this, greenhills (I think) getting donated to #1 end of round (by the gal fund, not crashers). IŽm also pretty sure the donation limits were cut after that round.

BlueArmy did not gain any advantage that wasnŽt possible to get for anyone else (which is pretty much the definition of "unfair advantage" iirc).
The opening post expresses your disgust about this move. Fair enough, you are, without doubt, entitled to your oppinion. However, if you think there "should be done something", you should actually back up your oppinion by understandable arguments above the level of your personal feelings.
mz pointed out flaws in the strategy, he pointed out why this probaqbly canŽt be called exploit. What did you do to back your point of view?

You could just have well ended your opening post with "flame away" - this thread is mostly trolling because youŽre pissed off, nothing more.
IŽll happily be proven wrong if you can actually find rational arguments on this matter.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote