View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 12:49   #69
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Why do _they_ complain so much about a name everyone I know finds pretty funny?
As they deemed it possible to cause offensive or that its inappropriate as this is not a 18+ game.

Quote:
I do not question the system, I question the personell working in it. You obviously didn´t read this thread, or you´d know that from my very opening post. Actually, I wonder if you even read the title, as it pretty much states what the compaint is about.
no matter what team you put in, there will always be cases where you disagree with what they deemed offensive (or didnt deem offensive).

Quote:
I want to know good reasons why they chose to rule a name offensive and another acceptable, and why they ignore any kind of argument.
I'd be fairly sure they spoke to Dunk about this case and had the discussion with him.

Quote:
Why should they be allowed to disregard a case where I´ve take offense?
As its there job to decide what is or isnt offensive. Its not yours, Someone could take offensive to anything.. it does not mean every name is unacceptable.

Quote:
They´re here to do what, protect players?
They're here in this case, to stop offensive names being put in the game.

Quote:
Shouldn´t a single report then be enough for a rename?
No, a single report is enough to get the MH's to review the planet. They will then decide if it is offensive or not.

Quote:
Or does it need a minimum number? If so, did Dunk get reported once, twice, a hundred times? What percentage of users would you deem noteworthy for a rename?
No minimum or maximum number. It is not a democracy, One report and then the planet is reviewed.. any more and nothing else happends.

Quote:
The judgement of the MHs doesn´t follow any guideline other than "you pissed us off", which is fairly unprofessional. In the actual situation, they morally have to rename any reported r/p, no matter how silly it is, or they just keep making arbitrary judgements.
Judging weither something can or might cause offensive is a arbitary judgement as how much offense is too much? and how little is allowed? As almost everything will cause offense to somewhere, the line has to be drawn somewhere or else we'll either have a game with alot of offensive names, or a game where naming your own planet isnt allowed.

Quote:
Do you start to see my problem? I´ve said it before, we´ve got MHs who make random and inconsistent calls, who do not listen to sane arguments and act like little dictators in their happy little channel. If they dislike you, tough luck.
Not really or has Dunk been closed before and they're going after him? I remember reading in this thread (i might be mistaken, so please clarify if im wrong) that Dunk has never been closed? That they havent abused there powers to close him due to disliking him.

Quote:
I still fail to see the difference between randomly accusing someone of false signup details and randomly accusing someone of offending other players - both are based on assumption, or probably a single oppinion.
False signup details are unprovable.

Possiblity to cause offensive or inappropriate names can easily be proven, its just where the line is drawn.

It does not matter who you get in to do the MH's job in this regard, they will still have to draw the line somewhere. If fairly certain if someone flagged your WoW chars name as 'horny', it would be renamed as it isnt appropriate in a game which can be played by children.

Now dont get me wrong, i think the MH team is incompetent.. especially the Head MH, as they have refused to change there procedures so that people arnt closed when they dont have to be. I even suggested about 12 easy to implement procedures which would stop all this complaining and make there life alot easier which mz linked to. However, i do not feel they are incompetent in this regard, its there job to judge what is and isnt offensive and theres no other system which could be put in place to get around that. The only thing is that a planet shouldnt be closed for it, simply renamed to a neutral name and then mailed telling them they can come to #multihunters to change it if they dont like there new name (with no mention of warnings, closures or anything).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote