View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 11:53   #64
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Im now confused to what your actually trying to suggest?

Are you actually arguing for a system where anyone can report anything offensive? and the planet in question is forced to change name regardless on weither it is actually offensive or not?

I dont see how that system is any better (infact its worse) than the current system where theres a group of people who have to use there judgement on what is offensive or could be offensive.

Out of everything thats gone on with Dunks account with him being closed and forced into #multihunters, then repeatadly closed again.. you've actually picked on the most trivial part which is what YOU deem to be offensive rather than what the PA Team/Multihunters/JageX may be find offensive. Ive absolutly no problem with them deciding what is or what isnt offensive in the game they are responsible for, i dont even see how you could argue otherwise.
Iīll show you:

"Racism and use of words and/or pictures likely to cause offence to anybody in galaxy pictures and/or a galaxy/planet/ruler name is not allowed."

This is taken directly from the planetarion terms&conditions. It does not state the ruling is just up to the MHs, in fact it does state anything causing offense to anybody is forbidden. There is a report function for a reason. However, I do criticise the arbitrary judgement of the MHs and the inconsistency of their decisions. The whole matter about "Geil" in Dunks r/p is about as ridiculous for a german native speaker as censoring the Penis-Allianz some rounds ago. Frankly, I do not trust the sanity of ruling of the MHs overall. Thatīs what I said before. I do question their ability to make proper sane calls on cases. They make completely random judgements about what might be offensive and what might be not.
Following this, I do question why they should be allowed to criticise my judgement if I say I am offended by a name. Itīs not their call. They are here to enforce the rules, not to tell me I shouldnīt be offended.

You question the reason they need your user details on signup, and complained when they didnīt believe your name to be Katie Katie, yet you say they should be allowed to make random judgements.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote