View Single Post
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 15:51   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Alliances, galaxies and PDS!

Hello everyone!

Every now and then, I get a great idea. Theese tend to come when I have little to do, in this case when the game was (once more ) being rollbacked.

I got back to PA this round, but I havent been out for too long. Some changes have been made since I was here, but I havent been out for that long really, or atleast it doesnt feel that way.

I started playing in round 2, and back then PA was a much bigger unorganized universe with alot of ideas put together. Some were better than others, some were thought through and some were just put in there without much testing (Thiefs round 2? PDS! Galaxy Fleet ) And yes, they did infact name the Thieves Thiefs back then!

Anyway, I'm gonna list some ideas here. Things I think might give the game more variety, more tactics and a bit more fun. Some are things I belive really needs to be done, others are things I want to atleast be looked at as a possebility!

Alliances:

Ingame alliances are great. Ever since they came, they have been making alliance play alot more fun. People like Alki were forced to join 1 alliance(hello loverboi with 5 alliances r9 :P) and being in an alliance gave you the ability to really work closer to your friends. HCs also got an easier time monitoring their alliances. Ingame tools are improving, but are yet far from out of game tech used by bigger alliances!

Anyway, my suggestions is to look at some sort of diplomacy system. Alliances declaring war on eachother ingame. When declaring war on an alliance, you get an avdantage in roidcap on that alliance. However when you do this, your roidcap on the rest of the universe decreases. I was thinking maybe 10%(On non war targets in times of war) 20%(Normal cap when not in war) and 30%(on target planets you are at war with)

Every alliance should be able to declare war on 2 other alliances. However theres no limit as to how many alliances can declare war on you. For a war to be ended, HCs of both alliances need to agree.

I think this would bring a strategic aspect to the ingame alliances. Look at the situation in the universe today. 80% of the alliances out there are just piggybacking the real wars. Would they dare do that if they knew they could get declared war on by the bigger alliances and suddenly loose alot more roids?

This is something that brighter heads than me should look at!

Galaxies:

With the introduction of ingame alliances, I feel galaxies have been more or less forgotten. Alliances rule the galaxies, and theres little keeping a gal together nowadays. In the early rounds, youre best friends and defence was your gal. The universe was enourmeous, but you always knew who you had close by. Although back then one could also attack ingal, which was sometimes a bad thing

I feel the galaxies needs to be resurrected! Many people like their gal better than their alliance, and I somewhat understand that!

Here are some suggestions for how we can make galaxies a tighter cooperating group.

First of all, ministers need work. Having a colour and minor tasks isnt enough!

I also think there should be implemented something called Galaxy Development. This would be run by the GC, and would be bonuses applying to the Galaxy and the planets in it. Theese would ofcourse not be cheap, and the costs would be taken from the galaxy fund.

For example:
ETA Research in gal. Lowering the etas from say 6-4 or something for ingal def.
Research galaxy defence fleet. A defensive fleet run by the MoW.
Research Worm Hole. Opens a wormhole to a destinated galaxy to lower eta b 1. This would take 8 hours to open/close. Maybe have a research lowering it to 4.
Reasearch Invesments: Galaxy fund increases by 0.5% 1& 1.5% 2% each tick.
Research Trading: Donations going to planets ingal reduced from 12 ticks to 8ticks to 4 ticks to instant. Could also have a research removing limitations.

Just some of many ideas to make ingal cooperation more vital, more fun and with alot more tactics!

As for the galaxy defence fleet. Its been tried before, but back then the ships you donated to it was evenly spread out among 25 plantes in a gal and was regularly killed without doing anything whenever there was incommings. The idea is good though!

The galaxy defence fleet would be run by the MoW. It would be 1 fleetspot(maybe allow researching more) which can only be used in defence. The way to get ships into this fleet would be either by donations from the planets in the galaxy, paid by the galfund or both. Also what ships should be allowed in there could be restrictd. Maybe every gal had to pick 2 ships from each race? It should be possible to scan this fleet ofcourse. Make something called a Galaxy Scan maybe to get info of the galaxy development. I also had an idea as to some of all salvage begin generated in a galaxy to go to the fund. Thise are things the MoD can setup. Salvage tax, normal tax or the like.

The MoW should also be able to mark incommings on galstatus(or a new galdefence page?) as covered and such. Maybe also write whats needed there and add bcalcs. Also he should be able to look at the ingal fleets.

I also think that the MoD and MoC needs more to do. The MoD, obviously running the Galfund. He would also have to agree on the spendings the GC and MoW decide to do with gal development and galfleet. Also, it would be fun if every gal had 3-5 bonuses(things they could research perhaps). This would be bonuses like: X% faster reasearch, construction, production, mining and stealth. The MoD would be the one to decide who has which bonus at any time, and a planet wouldnt be able to have more than 1 bonus at any time.

And lastly, the MoC. Apart from being able to mail the entire gal, and keep gal forums tidy, I think he should be able to run a Gal information page. Some sort of jorunal in which he can control the access of the different planets. here he would hold information like SMS numbers, fleets, and other sensetive information that bad seeds in the galaxy shouldnt be allowed to see.

Also, changing a minister should have 4 ticks or so delay, so that the GC cant run the gal by changing ministers whenever he see fit.

Planetary Defence System:

Lastly, not because I dont have more ideas, but because im tired of writing, I want to point out the PDS! I shall expect alot of flame for even trying to defend the PDS I suspect! It has been a vary very bad thing. Never worked very well. Either too overpowered or too useless. We all remember round 3( I think) when roman fortress had hundres ouf thousand of PDS defending his #1

Anyway, I do think PDS has a variety twist over it. Make it useful statswise(again brighter heads need to do this) and give it an ability to disengage/camouflage(meaning you can save it if you get incs) and it might just become decent. Give it a salvage boost maybe aswell, to make it a useful defensive tactic. Wether it would be the same turrets for all races or not, I dont know. Either way is fine. Its a perfectly logical thing to build on your planet.

Also, bring back cargo ships. They were fun For thoose that doesnt know, they stole some of the resource flow of the target planet raiding the ships bringing stuff from asteroids to the planet

Anyway, sorry for blabbering on. I just thought id write it down before the alcohol gods make me forget!

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote