View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2005, 18:16   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Next Gen Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Until we see more solid specs and tech demos I'll reserve my thoughts on the cell architecture of the PS3. I've heard both positive and negative points to it.

At the end of the day it's not the technology that sells the console its the quality of the game itself. You only need to consider the fact that the X-Box spec was superior to the PS2, but that didn't stop Sony from gaining the most market share in console sales.

There is so much crap for the PS2 though. The PS2 won mainly due to the fact it came out before the Xbox/GC and had backwards compatability with the PSX. "Exclusive" doesn't last long nowadays. (As shown with GTA and Splinter Cell)

So far the three games confirmed for launch with the Xbox 360 are: Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo: Elements of Power, Project Gotham Racing 3. With the disappointment of GT4 (to the extent some fans prefer PGR2) I see that as a good sign so far.

Quote:
Personally I want to see the X-Box 360 succeed, I think Sony have had hold of the reigns for too long already. Admittedly I'm also still a little raw at them for adding to the demise of Sega
I have to concur with this totally. I want to see Sony knocked off their perch as they're becoming too complacent in stagnating the market. I'm hoping for more innotative games this generation, rather than "Grand Theft Auto 6" etc. Microsoft seem to be doing things right as they are (They were going to exclude the hard drive originally, but it seems they caved to pressure on it - as it was a key feature of the Xbox. That's very reassuring to me).

Quote:
Nintendo I see as more of a wildcard. They are the oldest surviving player in the console arena, and they don't intend to lose. I envisiged them using their hold on the portable entertainment market and using it as leverage. Their strength as I see has always been innovation rather than raw power, and from all the rumours out there surrounding the Revolution I expect to see more of the usual wackiness they do so well.
I love Nintendo, but it's dying. I've watched the Gamecube die since I began working at GAME, and it's been a sad process. The entire 'thought' and 'view' of Nintendo is rather bad within the company and public and they've failed to really impress this generation. With their handheld market threatened by the PSP, Nintendo seem to be reactive rather than proactive which is bad. I'm hoping for good things from them with the Revolution and the GBA 2. (The DS is just a big disappointment to me.)

E3 will tell us more regarding the PS3 and Revo anyway. Here's hoping Sony is going to be challenged.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote