View Single Post
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 17:09   #27
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
I'm waiting for a response on what they plan to do in version 1.4 before I consider what to do about this. Judging from the number of similar reports I've been directed to, there are plenty more users who're frustrated by this so-called "correct" rendering pattern, so they may yet alter it.
Why wait for 1.4? Most people use 1.0, I think. You can force a table cell to exist with an   or a Unicode zero-width space ​.

ObStyleNazi: Using tables for this kind of layout is horrible when <div>s and styles and borders and so forth could do at least some of the jobs. And you probably shouldn't use alt="tabulation", etc - ok, alternate text is required by the validator, but someone using a textmode browser will actually see it.

lynx -dump http://www.megla.net/techdbhome.php:
Code:
   Logo

Sunday 01 June 2003
   Site design ©2003 M.Dale

Site Navigation:   [1]Home :: techDB Main

trans
       tabulation               tabulation
                  At megla.net:
    >
    >
    >